Allow vendors to be deactivated to prevent new POs

There should be a flag in the vendor file that allows a vendor to be marked as inactive so that new POs cannot be issued to the vendor. Currently the only way to prevent new POs is to delete the vendor, but then you loose part references for that vendor. Vendors might need to be disabled if a contract has expired or if an agreement directs purchasing to a different vendor.

I like this idea as well as for Customer File and Parts file. You could then use the flag to select to delete when appropriate. This would also allow the user to keep the active listings clean when selecting.
Daryl

+1 (cause I’m out of votes)

On a related note, I would also like to see a merge Vendors or Customers or Departments utility released along with this for two main reasons. Vendors occasionally merger, and we have several vendor entries over the years that are no longer in business, although when validating parts will find the part listing under the old business name and update it there instead. And finally creating a new vendor altogether and not realizing the vendor was just deactivated.

I completely agree, this is the same process that we use in accounting to manage the address to ensure that we are paying and invoicing the correct companies.