E-Mail Notifications for Driver Reports

Please, please add a function so that an e-mail notification goes out when a drivers report is filed. Otherwise you have to login every day to see the new write-ups.

Thanks for posting, @BRAD. This is a great suggestion. I have a few clarifying questions:

1. In your shop, who would the email go to?
  2. Do you have more than one facility?
  3. Would a text message also be helpful if you have the option to choose email and/or text message?

So, my idea is to have the email sent to an outlook group. We have only 1 facility but for those with multiple it might be good to have others. Text would be a great idea! Both would make you guys rockstars!

Brad

I absolutely understand this need and it isn’t a far stretch to get it implemented. We just have to get the work prioritized in our list. Keep watching this thread for updates.

@dperkes This looks to be a pretty old topic but with the new app hopefully this is in the works.

Text message would absolutely be helpful. Driver reports needs some type of notification if I’m going to be able to implement them for the entire county.

@kbruce, I’m glad you are interested and we’d love to build something that would be helpful for you.

1. Would you want a text notification for every driver report that is submitted or would you want a summary every hour/day?
  2. What kind of information would you like to see in the notification?

@dperkes I think the ability to do both if I’m being greedy, or even a pop-up if RTA is open, or a notification from the app. If I could only choose one right now a text.

The type of notification: Unit#, New Defect timestamp submitted, Operable/Inop