Please note: We want to be respectful of our relationship with each client. If you are seriously interested in this job and think you’ve got what it takes, we’re open to having a conversation. But before becoming a final candidate, we will want to clear it with your company, or at least have an open discussion about it. I would hate to create any bad blood between you, your company, and us. Life’s too short.
Now that that’s out of the way!
Do you go unusually above and beyond to help your clients succeed? Do you stay awake at night wondering if you’ve done enough to help someone today? Do you have a knack for designing processes to help clients get up and running quickly? Do you take it personally when you lose a client? Do you love working with people and serving your team’s needs? If so, keep reading…
The executive team at RTA is looking for a Director of Customer Success. This new role manages and oversees most of our client interactions, from onboarding to support, to ongoing customer success operations. This position plays a key part in not only the success of our company, but ultimately in the success of our clients.
What We’re Looking For
- Feels at home working side by side as a member of our executive team. This means you aren’t afraid to mix it up or be held accountable by your team. People with trust issues need not apply.
- Passionately cares about our clients and the jobs they do. These are fleet managers, parts clerks, automotive technicians, and they maintain everything from squad cars to school busses so that everyone comes home safely at the end of the day.
- Thinks Servant Leadership is really just Leadership. Period.
- Can serve and manage a department of 12-16 individuals in various roles, with 4-5 direct reports.
- Is willing to lift boxes, clean floors, and hold doors if that’s what it takes to get something done.
- Loves to read, learn, grow, and stretch themselves. Bonus points for each book you’ve read by Patrick Lencioni.
- Thinks of themselves less, while not thinking less of themselves.
- Is constantly looking for more: more to learn, more to do, and more opportunity.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
Key Results Areas (aka the Job Outcomes)
- Develop and execute corporate strategy as a member of the executive team
- Collaborate with the CEO and executive team to develop the business and customer success strategy at RTA.
- Provide critical input on high-level initiatives and decision-making.
- Shape the business strategy through the lens of customer success.
- Plan the future of the business and the elements that make that possible.
- Serve and Lead Customer Success Team Members
- Provide opportunities for ongoing development
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within my department
- Guide customer success staff to continually improve their level of mastery of their craft and enable them to support and guide our customers to success.
- Coach and mentor team members to become leaders within and outside of RTA.
- Make sure that existing clients are successful and satisfied while using RTA
- Set and meet Company retention improvement goals
- Influence the product strategy with the voice of the customer
- Maintain a 5-star support rating
- Maintain a 48-point standard for trainers and training collateral
- Create strategies around measuring and improving our Net Promoter Score and overall Customer Satisfaction
- Make sure that clients are successfully onboarded within 60 days of purchasing the system
- Refine and improve the customer onboarding strategy
- Own a customer success roadmap that optimizes time-to-value
- Meet the relevant educational needs of our clients
- Plan educational events, such as local training, regional training, onsite training, Connect, and Connect-1-Day;
- Make sure training documentation, videos, and webinars are high quality, up to date and relevant.
Feeling confident that this is in your wheelhouse? Let’s put that to the test!
The Bottom Line
You’ve made it this far, so congratulations! We are really looking for people who are ideal team players, with an almost frightening intensity around customer service, and a passion for developing team members.
Total compensation for the role is between $100k and $150k. This is a full time, in office role.
RTA has been established since 1979 and has the reputation of providing the best customer service in the market. Our mission is to bring clarity, confidence and peace of mind to Fleet Managers, by empowering them to save time, decrease costs, and make our roadways safer. We pride ourselves on creating a caring, family-oriented atmosphere for both staff and clients, and love that our work makes a positive impact on all the lives we touch. Our clients carry kids in school buses, first responders in emergency vehicles, patients in ambulances, food and medical supplies in trucks, and people just taking the bus or train to work. We do meaningful work, and we want our clients to have the best tools available to them.
Our office spaces are open, spacious, and colorful, with an abundance of natural light. We come together often as a company to enjoy freshly baked desserts or awesome lunches, and genuinely enjoy each other’s company. We offer some pretty unique perks and benefits, as well as all the standard ones.
Coming from the east side? You’ll enjoy waving at the traffic going the other way while never having to look into the blinding sun. It only takes about 25 minutes to get here from downtown Scottsdale in the mornings. We are located close to Arrowhead Mall, with quick access to the 101 from multiple directions.
If all of this sounds like you, and your type of company, then click apply! Seriously, we’ve asked you three times, and you are still reading. Maybe these aren’t the droids you’re looking for?