RTA Feedback

Vehicle Status Changes

I would like the ability to change a vehicle’s status from additional locations, not necessarily tied to a work order line. For example, when a roadcall is created in the roadcall module would be one of the ideal places to change a vehicles status to out-of-service long before a work order is created.

And still have it be automatic, right? Because the Manual method will let you set the status to whatever you need. But as roadcalls or other items are closed out, you’d need to remember to change it back to available.

1 Like

Maybe there is a better way but we use the manual method. We use that status to feed information or updates to the driver manager or logistics people. As you can see in the attached image, we use it for levels of repair. Right now we have to open the vehicle file to update it. It would save a lot of time to do it from the roadcall module.

1 Like

Just food for thought, but I’ve wondered to myself if there is a difference between Maintenance Status (i.e. Waiting for Parts, Awaiting Triage, Inspection, Red-Tagged) and General Vehicle Status (Delivering, Unloading, Available) etc. Maybe having a distinction between those two concepts might help?

1 Like